Water Ramps 2020
Fortune Freestyle organizes summer water ramp camps where athletes can safely practice skills on both trampoline and on skis into a pool.
Due to Covid 19, we are required to plan a bit differently to make sure the experience is safe and enjoyable for all. Part of the planning is a requirement to pre-register for the camps. The pre-registration will help us ensure there is enough participation for the camp to be viable and that we have the appropriate coach to athlete ratio.
We will require a minimum of 6 athletes to run the camps and have a maximum capacity of 16 athletes. The cost range outlined below is an estimate and dependent on the number of athletes registered. They do not include transportation, meals or accommodations.
The camps will be offered at Horseshoe Resort in Barrie Ontario (https://freestyleontario.ski/ramp)
Camp # 1: 3 Day Camp - August 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Costs $425 - $475
Camp # 2: 3 Day Camp – August 7th, 8th & 9th Costs $425 - $475
or 4 Day Camp – August 6th, 7th 8th & 9th Cost $550-610
To pre-register please send an email to Natasha at email@example.com indicating what camps and the number of days.
Pre-registration is open until Saturday July 4th at 8:00 P.M. We will not be able to extend registration beyond that date and only those who pre-registered will be able to attend. Please only re-register if you are able to attend as a withdrawal could impact the viability for others.
Once the number of athletes is confirmed, registration information will be sent to those who registered. In addition, we will send a list of accommodations in the area and ask families to indicate on team snap where they will be staying in order for families to connect.
Please note that we will be ensuring that public health guidelines are respected and enforced during the camps (athletes will be required to be pre-screened each day, respect physical distancing and group size). Parents are responsible to be informed about public health recommendations and ensure their child understands them.
More specific information about Covid 19 measures at the camp will be shared closer to the date of the camp.
Please note that Fortune Freestyle reserves the right to cancel the camp if there is a lack of interest and/or public health guidelines change and prohibit us from delivering the camp.
Who should attend ramp camps:
* Athletes must have a valid CFSA membership. You have to renew your Freestyle Canada membership (This ski season year expires on June 30th).
* The athlete is comfortable with medium size jumps.
* The athlete should have a consistent take off (pop) and able to execute straights air with solid landings on smaller jumps.
* The training sessions are physically demanding; athletes are required to walk up the hill with their equipment, jump multiple times per session and engage in trampoline training in between jump sessions. The athlete should have the physical and mental stamina needed to train for a long duration.
* The athlete is interested in practicing/training to improve their jumps for the coming season.
* The athlete is interested in working towards a jump that requires qualification before it can be attempted on snow (inverts, off axis tricks etc...)
Athletes will need:
* 1 or 2 pairs of skis.
* Ski Boots (poles are optional)
* Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved skiing helmet (not a bike helmet)
* Lifejacket (tres important!)
* Wetsuit (optional, but definitely recommended for cooler weather)
* Gloves (recommended if athlete is doing grabs - prevents cuts)
* Mouthguard (highly recommended especially for inverts)
* Running shoes
* Bathing suit and towel
* Rain gear
* Yoga mat or camping chair
* Water bottle (labelled)
Once you have registered, please update your availability in Team Snap, including where you will be staying, so folks can see who is attending each camp. It's nice for the parents and athletes alike to know who will be there!
For additional information about water ramp camps please contact Natasha: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>